Andrew McFadden (immigrated to Maine, early 1700s)

A place to talk about anything relating to the Mac Pháidín surname and its variants
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mcfdn77
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Andrew McFadden (immigrated to Maine, early 1700s)

Postby mcfdn77 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:44 pm

Any known descendants of Andrew McFadden (McFadin) in this project? He was b. 1675? in Scotland, then to Ireland (Bann Valley), then to what is now Maine?

Rob
Project Admin
Y-DNA Haplogroup: R-A10526
MDKA: Owen McFadden b. abt 1780 near Creeslough, Co. Donegal, Ireland

Re: Andrew McFadden (immigrated to Maine, early 1700s)

Postby Rob » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:29 pm

There are several people in the project that think they are descended from him, but unfortunately none of them match each other! So we're still seeking other descendants to to firmly establish which genetic signature is actually descended from Andrew.

mcfdn77

Postby mcfdn77 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:53 pm

Thanks Rob

MNGrandma
MDKA: Andrew McFadden 1675

Postby MNGrandma » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:52 pm

I,also, am a descendent of Andrew, who was born 1675 in Scotland, moved to Ireland, married his second wife ther and had 3 sons. In 1720 he and his family sailed to Maine & settled on Merrymeeting Bay on a homestead he called Somerset. Due to danger from Indians, he moved his family to Georgetown, where he petitioned the Plymouth Co. for a land grant. I have only a little knowledge of the family linage of his sons, Andrew or Daniel, as my family descends from his son, James. This line had children in Maine, Mass., New York, Canada (near Isle LaMott in Lake Champlain) and then moved to southern MN and finally to N.D where my grandmother was born. The McFadden’s of this line served in the Rev.War, War of 1812, And the Civil War. At least one or more of the branches of my direct line settled in the area of Quebec north of Lake Champlain. I would love to hear from anyone descendent of Andrew who came to Maine. I have also asked a question on the DNA thread, for advice for finding a qualified male from our line to take the Y-DNA test.
Sherry

Return to “History, Genealogy and General Discussion”