GEDCOM Question

A place to talk about anything relating to the Mac Pháidín surname and its variants
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ELM
Y-DNA Haplogroup: R-M269
MDKA: John McFadden 1751-1841, Sugarcreek, Venango, Pennsylvania, USA
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

GEDCOM Question

Postby ELM » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:15 pm

I am kind of new but starting to get up to speed on this DNA stuff. I am seeing that it is almost a waste of time, effort and money to DNA test and not post a GEDCOM tree that folks can preview and compare potential matches.

I am having some confusion on down loading my GEDCOM to FTDNA after spending a considerable amount of time on FTDNA forums without a clear answer.

#1 Is it more beneficial to down load your entire tree GEDCOM or just your direct line portion of your tree?

#2 When you have changes to your GEDCOM does one download the new copy over the top of the old one or do you delete the old and download a new one?

#3 Does the FTDNA GEDCOM automatically transfer to the Y & MT search function or is that a separate download?

I got such a great clear answer to my last question on this board so thought I would try it again. My GEDCOM will be up when FTDNA solves an unrelated tech problem for me.

ELM

Rob
Project Admin
Y-DNA Haplogroup: R-A10526
MDKA: Owen McFadden b. abt 1780 near Creeslough, Co. Donegal, Ireland

Re: GEDCOM Question

Postby Rob » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:29 am

Return to “History, Genealogy and General Discussion”