Joseph McFadden of County Mayo

A place to talk about anything relating to the Mac Pháidín surname and its variants
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dmc
MDKA: Charles McFadden, born Dec 13, 1830 Pa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Joseph McFadden of County Mayo

Postby dmc » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:07 pm

I have recently come across a McFadden lineage that goes back to County Mayo, Ireland in (+/-) 1640. His descendants are: John b. 1671, Joseph b.1705, Hugh b. 1731, Charles b. 1758, John b. 1797. This John (1797) married Anne McIntire and emigrated to America in 1810 along with a John McIntire. John McFadden (1797) and Anne McIntire had two children; Charles b. Dec. 13, 1830 in Liverpool, Pa., married Sarah A. McIntire August 1, 1853. Second child was Hugh McFadden, b. 1833, married Mary J. McIntire January 29, 1859.
Would like to find anyone who might be related to this line. I'm trying to connect the McIntire lineage (from Donegal, Ireland) to the McFadden's.
thanks much. ;)

1958gingerlass
MDKA: Michael McFadden

Re: Joseph McFadden of County Mayo

Postby 1958gingerlass » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:15 pm

I have recently come into information about my fathers side of the family. Western Ireland, province called Connaught, Ireland. My fathers last name is McFadden, his name also Joseph.. We live in PA. My father originally from Pittston PA. Grandfathers first name was Michael. My son and I were told through DNA that we are from Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. My father Joseph always argued with me about our heritage he always told me we were Irish I told him we had to be Scottish well the DNA test came back and I was right it's in there. I don't know where to go from here only know is that my grandfather married a woman named Maria. I believe last name was Lynn or Sweeney. Still have to ask my father about the rest of it I hope to shed some light on some of the McFadden heritage. But our family was from Connacht

Return to “History, Genealogy and General Discussion”