John McFadyen, hand loom weaver, Calton

A place to talk about anything relating to the Mac Pháidín surname and its variants
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
NicPhaidein
MDKA: John McFadyen, weaver, married Jean Renfrew in Paisley Sep 1806
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

John McFadyen, hand loom weaver, Calton

Postby NicPhaidein » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:55 am

I'm still looking for information on my three times Greatgrandfather John McFadyen. This is what I know: 1. He married Jean Renfrew of Paisley in Sep 1806. 2. He was a handloom weaver and they lived in Calton, an area of Glasgow. 3. Jean was born in 1783, died in Calton in 1855. 4. John had a brother, Joseph, who was mentioned as a witness at the births of two of his brother's children. I am wondering if these McFadyens came from Ireland. I can't find any Scottish birth or death records for these gentlemen. Any advice for tracking them would be appreciated.

Return to “History, Genealogy and General Discussion”