Welcome to the McFadden Project message board!

A place to talk about anything relating to the Mac Pháidín surname and its variants
Rob
Project Admin
Y-DNA Haplogroup: R-A10526
MDKA: Owen McFadden b. abt 1780 near Creeslough, Co. Donegal, Ireland
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Welcome to the McFadden Project message board!

Postby Rob » Fri May 13, 2016 4:28 pm

The purpose of this board is to provide a place for people interested in the McFadden surname and its variants to discuss anything relating to the name and its history. Feel free to post about family trees, myths, legends, people and places... anything at all. My only rule is that you keep it civil.

Thanks,
Rob

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to help spread the word:
https://twitter.com/projectmcfadden
https://www.facebook.com/mcfaddenproject/

petersd41
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Welcome to the McFadden Project message board!

Postby petersd41 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:43 am

I've done the Ancestry DNA testing, but not sure how to respond to the Halogroup question. I would be interested in finding out more about the McFaddens - I haven't been able to get too far back. My maternal grandfather was a McFadden.

Rob
Project Admin

Postby Rob » Wed May 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Helen McCole
MDKA: Bridget McFadden

Postby Helen McCole » Thu May 19, 2016 5:02 am

Donegal & Scotland

clanmc61
MDKA: John McFadyen b. abt 1765 Renfrewshire, Paisley, Scotland

Postby clanmc61 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:08 am

Thanks Rob for the Invite to this board. I hope to be able to go back a little further in my line but at the moment have hit a brick wall.

Regards,
Phil Mc

Rob
Project Admin

Postby Rob » Thu May 19, 2016 5:25 pm

Miss meeps mcfadden
MDKA: Dennis mcfadden

Postby Miss meeps mcfadden » Sat May 28, 2016 2:20 pm

Hello. I'm a female Mcfadden. Think we.have chatted on twitter. My grandfather was from high Glen. Dennis mcfadden. Born 1910 to manus and Kathleen mcfadden who are buried at Carrrigart old cemetry. Manus, my great grandfather though,his name is spelt wrong on the grave. It's spelt man's. My father is also buried there with them and he is Manus mcfadden died 28 August 2004. My grandfather Dennis born 1910 in high Glen had 2 brothers, Barney and George and a sister Sarah. My grandad came to Manchester, George and barney went to california and Sarah went to London. I know I have cousins over there.would be great to start tracing and hello to anyone who knew particularly my grandfather. The Glen Inn remembered him last time I was there

McFadden Foy
MDKA: Andrew McFadden of Scotland, Garvagn then America (North Carolina)

Postby McFadden Foy » Mon May 30, 2016 1:45 pm

Hello Everyone: My McFaddens came from Garvagn to America in the 1700's. Hoping someone can connect me to McFaddens in that area. My gfather back was Andrew McFadden. He came from Scotland and married Jane Linsey (Lindsey) in 1704. The area of Somerset was mentioned and they had a daughter named Somersett. I believe they named the area in Maine (USA) that they lived Somersett. The McFadden then came to North Carolina (USA). Hope to connect to my McFaddens. Thanks!!!

McFadden Foy
MDKA: Andrew McFadden of Scotland, Garvagn then America (North Carolina)

Postby McFadden Foy » Mon May 30, 2016 4:35 pm

Hello Rob, I am McFadden Foy in Charlotte NC. Fort McFadden back to the Rev War is owned by my cousins in Rutherfordton NC. I am trying to reach Bradford Andrew McFadden (Brad) on the message board, but can't seem to locate his post now that I have logged-in. My McFadden starts with Andrew McFadden (Maine) and Brad shared this is his family also. Thanks for putting up the site. I only saw 8 post and could not locate the post that I googled. Patricia

Rob
Project Admin

Postby Rob » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:19 am

Return to “History, Genealogy and General Discussion”