Macfadyen still on mull

A place to talk about anything relating to the Mac Pháidín surname and its variants
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Macfadyen1994
MDKA: Myself,father,grandfather ect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Macfadyen still on mull

Postby Macfadyen1994 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:43 pm

Hi there.

My name is Connor MacFadyen and I knew that my family were from mull as my grandfather John MacFadyen (born 1939) took me to the island once. I have managed to trace my MacFadyen relatives back to at least the late 1780s (I don't have a specific date for the furthest relative)he too was John MacFadyen. I'm wondering if any of you are from mull today

Specifically I am looking for more information on Catherine MacFadyen. She was my 3x great grandmother. She was born on mull in 1860 but died in Glasgow city poor house on July 1st 1880. She entered the workhouse due to being pregnant and she had my 2x great grandfather John MacFadyen (it seems to have been a popular name) in 1879. All I know is that my great grandfather Arthur Alexander MacFadyen returned to the island (he and his wife are hurried in derviag) I'm wondering if any of you are either A related and know more of the story or simply does anybody know any more.

Thanks very much

SusanFreasRogers
MDKA: Dr. Samuel McFadden

Re: Macfadyen still on mull

Postby SusanFreasRogers » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:53 am

Hello Connor, have you taken a Y-DNA test, and if not, would you be willing to take one if others paid for it? I'm pretty sure I could raise the money in our McFadden Genealogy - County Cavan Facebook group, since most everyone in my line believes that we come from Mull, but can trace back only to County Cavan. It is just a cheek scrape test, no spitting required. ;-0

Return to “History, Genealogy and General Discussion”